Skip to content

Audio Version

See more about

More info

Published in Total Latin American Architecture.


Design team: Castillo-Kogan Architects, Paz Castillo and Carolina Kogan, Leonardo Cabral.

Collaborators: Mariano Sosa, Eric Chen, Florencia Spina.

Location: Plaza Boedo, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Date: 2008-2011.

Project: Public Square.

Built area: 130,020 SF.

Plaza Boedo

Mariano Boedo Square is located in between United States Street, Sanchez de Loria, Carlos Calvo and Virry Liniers streets. Its 1.08 ha. surface allocates 53% total to green spaces, filled with trees, bushes and climbing plants. The other 47% hosts a playground area, an amphitheater, a showroom area, a multipurpose hall, several resting and meeting points. The multipurpose hall is built from an existing structure in Carlos Calvo Street.

Image 6 - Ground PlanImage 7 - Vegetation PlanImage 8 - Conceptuale Scheme

The main goal was developing recreational areas, not only involved in day-to-day life but in cultural activities. Due to this fact, the project is built in different height layers surrounded by green walls. A series of spaces whose characteristics and categories stimulate the development of neighborhood assemblies, parties, exhibitions and meetings.

image 12a 2011image 13a december 2012image 13b december 2012image 13c december 2012junio de 2015 en la plaza boedo 04junio de 2015 en la plaza boedo 06aerial view


Extract from
Related publications:
Total Housing
Total Singular Housing
Total China
Total Landscape
Published in Total Latin American Architecture.


Design team: Castillo-Kogan Architects, Paz Castillo and Carolina Kogan, Leonardo Cabral.

Collaborators: Mariano Sosa, Eric Chen, Florencia Spina.

Location: Plaza Boedo, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Date: 2008-2011.

Project: Public Square.

Built area: 130,020 SF.

urbanNext (June 15, 2024) Plaza Boedo. Retrieved from https://urbannext.net/plaza-boedo/.
Plaza Boedo.” urbanNext – June 15, 2024, https://urbannext.net/plaza-boedo/
urbanNext December 28, 2015 Plaza Boedo., viewed June 15, 2024,<https://urbannext.net/plaza-boedo/>
urbanNext – Plaza Boedo. [Internet]. [Accessed June 15, 2024]. Available from: https://urbannext.net/plaza-boedo/
Plaza Boedo.” urbanNext – Accessed June 15, 2024. https://urbannext.net/plaza-boedo/
Plaza Boedo.” urbanNext [Online]. Available: https://urbannext.net/plaza-boedo/. [Accessed: June 15, 2024]

urbanNext | expanding architecture to rethink cities and territories

Newsletter

Sign up to our newsletter

Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt
Formats
Audio&visual
Concept
Data
Essay
Forum
Lecture
Podcast
Project
Talk
Survey
Statement
Selfthink
High Density
Middle Density
Low Density
No Density

talk

essay

project

product

survey

data

all formats