The Future Urban Legacy Lab
FULL explores, imagines and designs the future of global and local urban legacy embodied in city form.
FULL merges and boosts established Polito research experiences into a brand new interdisciplinary approach to urban phenomena, built on the integration of morphology, economy, evidence-based design and socio-technical understanding.
Studying the urban realm as a space offers the unique chance of rejoining the separate paths of human sciences, hard sciences and design sciences.
FULL assumes a complex and open definition of urban space as both a perspective to interpret the main challenges posed by a rapidly urbanizing world and a place of experimentation for projects and scenarios.
Research activities are based on cross- and inter-disciplinary methods, collaboration and experimentation, internationalization and comparison, analysis and design, theory and practice.
FULL’s main aims are:
• To bridge knowledge of the past and visions for the future in the urban realm.
• To design socio-technical innovation scenarios for relevant global urban challenges and to support decision-making processes.
Point of view
FULL is characterized by a point of view focused on:
• Understanding present global trends.
• Working in a trans-scalar and critical perspective.
• Grounding heritage discourse in present praxis.
• Exercising evidence-based design research as a socially responsible and reflective practice.
Published in urbanNext: